The Preface to the recently discovered internal EPA report (which was suppressed for political reasons), begins:
We have become increasingly concerned that EPA and many other agencies and countries have paid too little attention to the science of global warming. EPA and others have tended to accept the findings reached by outside groups, particularly the IPCC and CCSP, as being correct without a careful and critical examination of their conclusions and documentation.
The report provides a list of important developments that include
- Global temperatures have declined for 11 years while CO2 emissions and atmospheric levels have continued to increase
- There appears no correlation between global temperature and hurricanes
- Greenland is not melting
- The recession has resulted in greatly decreased greenhouse gas levels
- A crucial assumption made by the IPCC is not supported by empirical evidence, and actually the feedback is negative
- IPCC used faulty solar data dismissing the impact of solar variability on global warming
Even more astounding are the internal EPA e-mails quashing the report, one of which states (directed to the author of the study):
The time for such discussion of fundamental issues has passed for this round. The administrator and the administration has decided to move forward on endangerment, and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision.
This is shocking behavior, but then again, it isn’t. Many of have known for some time that the true science is being ignored by those wanting to push through manic legislation such as Obama’s Cap and Tax bill (which, by the way, contains many, many surprises that will cripple our economy even more).
Why aren’t more people upset by this?