I have two words to say about Jonathan Edwards’ theology: Bull. Shit.
Apparently Edwards hadn’t read 1 John: “…let us love one another, for love is of God, and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He that does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
And, he must have missed what God said in the New Testament:
- Love God, and love your neighbor as yourself.
- Love your enemies, and bless those who curse you.
- Who here condemns you? … Neither do I condemn you.
- Learn what this means: I desire mercy, not sacrifice.
- Father forgive them, for they don’t know what they’re doing.
Uh… something doesn’t add up
Okay, so–we are to love sinners and show them mercy and kindness, just like Jesus did. All so apparently God can torture them forever after they die.
Just gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn’t it?
Or, is Jesus of a different mind than God the Father? That is, is God schizophrenic?
Think about this angry God teaching for a bit. I’m pretty sure we’ve all encountered it at some point. Many of us were raised with it. Is there any way you can reconcile the “angry god” with Jesus God?