A few of your (and I mean a few) will have noticed that I haven’t been blogging much lately. In fact, a week or two can go by without so much as a youtube link. It’s not that I don’t have anything to say or haven’t been thinking important thoughts. I’ve actually been doing a lot of thinking, about important issues like epistemology (how we know what we think is ture), politics (how we know what we know is not true) and the price of wheat. But, I have a list of valid reasons why I haven’t been blogging:
10. I’ve been working a lot lately in the evenings. That’s not a bad thing, it’s just the way it is.
9. Blogging doesn’t pay well.
8: My dog ate it. (I don’t think that worked in elementary school, either.)
7. My computer dies repeatedly.
6. My computer’s also gone senile. Truly, it has. It tends to restart whenever it darn well feels like it, and it’s usually not at a convenient time. To make matters worse, the switch broke, so I have to actually hot-wire it to get it started.
5. It’s been way too cloudy. This is actually a valid excuse. Besides making me depressed, it’s chased me out of my north-facing office where the sun cannot find me.
4. I’ve so many things to say, I can’t decide what to say first.
3. I have adult-onset ADD.
2. I actually have a real life that exists outside of cyberspace. Seriously.
1. I’m trying to build the suspense.
I never said it would be a funny list, just valid.
I really have been thinking considerably about epistemology, and will start blogging on that sometime soon. However, I keep reading new things and changing my opinions, so it’s probably best that I’ve waited. And, I just purchased a new, high-powered laptop so I don’t have to be stuck back in my north-facing office. It’s fast, it’s got mega-memory, it’s got Vista – well, 2 out of 3 isn’t bad. Actually, I haven’t minded Vista, yet.
So, bear with me and don’t cancel your rss feeds, there’ll be more great posts coming. Trust me.